Our next Community Cabaret will be our tribute to Valentine’s Day. Songs of love, longing, lost love, it’s all fair in love… Join us on February 9th in the romantic Fridell Hall at Seattle First Baptist Church. Everyone is encouraged to come and share a song or sing-along that fits the season. We bring food and beverages to share, and each contribute $10 to cover the cost of having a fabulous accompanist available to sight read any music folks want to share.
You do not need to be a member of Joyful! Noise to be a part of making joyful noise at Community Cabaret.
How it works:
- Doors open at 7:00. Starting time is 7:30 PM.
- There will be a $10 cover charge to get in, whether or not you are going to perform.
- There are 20 performance slots per evening. Each person or group that wants to sing, or play, can sign up for one song/performance.
- If all 20 performance slots don’t fill up, you can perform a second time.
- Our great accompanist Jennifer Greene will be at the piano to play along, so bring a copy of the piano music if you’d like accompaniment.
- We also have some group sings, and you may want to consider contributing something that everyone knows and inviting a sing-along yourself!
- Bring songbooks and fakebooks for chords if you have them, and instruments if you feel up to accompaniment.
- Bring drinks and snacks to share, if you like.
Although we have a structure, it’s a very loose and friendly affair, with plenty of time to chat and connect with others who love to sing and play music of many kinds.
How to get there
Seattle First Baptist is at 1111 Harvard Ave on First Hill in Seattle. The entrance for Fridell Hall is off the parking lot on the West side of the building, down a few stairs, and through the double glass doors. Parking on the street is paid until 8:00, you can park in the lot but you need to pay.
There is wheelchair access at the sliding glass doors by the church office on Harvard and call Melissa at 425-941-1399 to get in.
Mark your calendars for our next Cabaret that follows our “The times they are a’changin” concert as we continue to celebrate music of the 60’s
August 18, we will “Say goodbye to summer”
October 26, it’s time to pick a costume and song for our Halloween Cabaret